updates in the industry
If you have no covering for your patio furniture, chances are they endure every kind of weather. You want to protect your investment, so we compiled some tips to help keep patio furniture clean, so you get back to relaxing weekends with family and friends.
- Invest in patio furniture covers. This ensures protection from weather and dirt expanding your furniture’s lifespan.
- Plastic or resin furniture is by far the easiest to maintain. It’s also an inexpensive option to care for. All you need is either soap and water or any all-purpose cleaner. Wipe down with a cloth of your choice. Voila! Quick and easy clean-up
- Metal furniture is durable but hard to manage due to rust. Regular cleanings and patio covers will lessen wear over time. Use warm soap and water to clean. If painted or furniture starts to wear, or as soon as rust appears, use steel wool to remove oxidization and repaint with a rust-resistant finish.
- Bamboo, wicker, or wood needs more finesse. You want to keep the beautiful wood from damage. Use a soft brush, cloth, or sponge with a product made specifically for the material or some detergent and warm water. Wicker chairs need a small brush or toothbrush to get into those crevices. Wood furniture can be cleaned with a wood cleaner or soap and warm water. Wood can be sanded and resealed to bring life back to it if it starts to look dull.
- Fabric material covers and hammocks even can be cleaned with soap and warm water. Of course, always look at the labels and see the instructions for care. If they can be removed, then put them in a washing machine. This allows quick and easy cleaning. Use a water-repellent fabric protector to expand the lifespan of the fabric.
Taking extra precautions to keep your patio or outdoor furniture clean will ensure you save money and expand the use of your investment. Enjoy more time with family and friends without the worry of keeping your outdoor furniture clean.
Leave A Comment